Watership Down by Richard Adams
Self-Paced Teen Book Club
This novel follows a group of rabbits living in a realistic natural setting but with anthropomorphic qualities. Follow them as they navigate the devastation of their home and the work it takes to start anew.
Following the rabbits' culture and qualities helps us more deeply consider our own.
How does a self-paced book club work?
A self-paced book club is a great option for digging deeper into a text and doing some activities to help with your understanding and analysis of the text and its themes.
Included in this class, you'll find the following:
- A suggested reading schedule (broken into four weeks)
- A PDF reading guide with comprehension questions for each week
- Vocabulary activities
- Writing/multimodal project prompts related to the reading
- Rubrics for parents/guardians to give feedback on projects
- Links to supplemental resources related to the text and its themes
The class was designed to take about a month to complete, but you can complete it at whatever pace works for you!
- A copy of the book Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World edited by Kelly Jensen
- A PDF reader
- Video and audio capabilities on the device you use for class